Welcome to the virtual library of Mercu Buana University. The on-line information is designed to provide students with collections of text book, journal, papers, and periodic publishing for the benefit of the educational goal, the development of professionalism, the curriculum and syllabus objectives, as well as the university mission and vision.
Through integrated work site services, all functions in information chain, i.e. production, distribution, acquisition, and knowledge consumption can be carried out at the library. It becomes the key role in the educational and scientific research process at Mercu Buana University (MBU). This, of course, implies that more academic communities rely upon the MBU library.
To a growing extent, the MBU library services are blending with the three duties of university: education, research, and public services. It has the task of information provider for the academic communities education, research, and public service. As the result of expanding information stream, there would be more innovation in the field of Engineering, economy, agriculture, communication, architecture, etc from MBU.
The Master of Management Program has a collection of 238 titles in its field of study. The central library is located in Campus A, while the MM Library is in Campus B. The central library has a 550 m2 area, divided into 200 m2 reading room, 190 m2 collection room and 160 m2 for administration, technical and circulation activities. In Campus B the library has an area of about 40 m2 functions as both reading and collection room and will be extended to about 100 m2. The library uses opened- access system, visitors can directly choose the books to read or borrow from the shelves. The reference collection room containing papers and they are the closed-access system. Further development made by the university is the on-line system where books can be accessed and selected through UMB Cyber-Net on www.mercubuana.ac.id site.
The MBU librarys collections of textbook and scientific journals are;
a. Text book: 9.239 titles or 260.260 books
b. References: 2.255 copies
c. Specimen copies : 1.301 copies.
d. Final Projects: 7666 title l/ copies
e. Theses: 33 title /copies
f. Dissertation: 6 title / 8 copies
g. News paper: 3 titles
h. Magazines: 9 titles
i. Journals: 23 titles
The member of the library is all academic communities of Mercu Buana including lecturers, professors, staff, students, and alumni.
- Fill in the form and submit the student card
- Write the name on the membership book
- Recent photograph 2 x 3 ( 2 sheets)
- The membership is valid only 1 year
- For the visiting lecturers, a letter of reference from the dean / head of department should be submitted.
Rules and regulations for the member
- Maximum 2 books and 2 weeks without any extension
- Take good care of the book borrowed
- It is strictly forbidden to write any thing on the book or to take out the pages.
- All members should obey the rules and regulations given.
- The member who does not return the book on the scheduled should pay fine as much as Rp.200 per day / copies for general book, and Rp.2000 per hour / copies for references.
- Any books that have been lost should be substituted with the new one (the same title and the same author).
- To those members who do not return the book more than 1 week, his / her membership will be cancelled.
- To those visitors or user of the library who do not obey the rules and regulation shall get ;
- No services
- Academic punishment
- His / her membership shall be cancelled.
- Provide up- to- date information of the text book, thesis, journal, etc)
- The information is updated monthly
- Seminar schedule, workshop, etc
- New Book editorial
- Practical hints to use the library
- On-line facility can be used to browse the references, text book, thesis, papers, search the title, author, or subject.
- Catalogue is presented in written as well as in digital form
Other information that has been mentioned or written on the web can be asked directly to the librarian.
Information and visitor service schedule in Campus A library, Jalan Meruya Selatan, Kembangan, West Jakarta, is as follows:
Monday to Thursday: 09.00 - 18.00
Friday: 08.30 - 11.30
Saturday and Sunday: 10.00 - 15.00
Campus B, Jalan Menteng Raya no. 29, Teja Buana Building, floor 5, Central Jakarta:
Monday to Thursday: 10.00 - 18.00
Saturday and Sunday: 10.00 - 17.00