Mercu Buana University (MBU) was founded based upon the philosophical values conceived in Pancasila, the Indonesian 1945 Constitution, and three main missions of university. The primary goal is to actively participate in the development of Indonesian human resources as the breed and agent for creating a prosperous nation. Coherence with such goal, therefore, MBU offers several courses that put the emphasis on the nourishment of professionalism attitude among its graduates supported by national curriculum and syllabus that made by Department of Education and Culture. They are integrated into MBU learning and teaching process, research activities, field works, and apprenticeship programs which incorporates with private companies and government institutions.
Based on primary goal stated above, Mercu Buna University prepares the graduates of Engineering, Agriculture, Economics, Communication Science, Psychology, Bachelor programs, and Master programs that;
- Faithful to Pancasila basic values and committed to a high moral quality and personal integrity.
- Opened and perspective to changes and to the development of science technology even opt to find solution of the social problems that related to their respective field of study.
- Able to implement their knowledge and skill into the real life.
- Possess basic scientific knowledge or skill together with its methodology. By having so, they can invent, develop, and explain the solution of the problem that related to their respective field of study
- Able to keep abreast with the development of science technology as well as with the innovation on their respective fields.
Specific academic objectives
Professional programs offered by MBU are designed to prepare the graduates who ;
- Are able to develop the knowledge and skill as well as to implement them wisely in respond to the public needs.
- Possess analytical skill for solving the problem occurred in their respective field.
- Capable to secure job or to create job vacancies in planning, implementation, and supervising the project in the field of engineering, agriculture, economy, communication, and psychology.
- Have strong willingness to improve their skill at their work places
- Hold qualified requirements to pursue a higher education